Best Chefs America is the first ever peer review guide to chefs in the United States. Last year, BCA interviewed more than 5,000 chefs in order to find out who were the best in the U.S. The first edition of Best Chefs America was published earlier this year and a new mobile site has been launched where users can discover the Best Chefs in America. BCA is currently seeking a driven advertising sales professional who will have the opportunity to build a book of business from the ground up.
Director of Advertising Sales
Best Chefs America – Charleston, SC
- Develop in-house ad sales program working to sell ads in local, regional and national media to professional chefs who are BCA honorees and also to advertisers in the culinary field.
- Negotiate, close and manage all aspects of ad sales.
- Perform a high volume of warm calls a few days a week (60-100 calls/day) to sell ads to professional chefs who are BCA honorees.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Relationships with chefs and decision-makers within agencies representing chefs, restaurants and restaurant groups.
- Strong understanding of the restaurant industry and culinary world.
- Experience in developing in-house ad sales program.
- Experience in leading and managing a sales team.
- Salesforce.com or other CRM experience is preferred.
- Startup experience a plus.